Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Unknown Tid-Bits: 2/11-2/17

Every week as I'm doing the Useless Knowledge there are things that I can't help that go through my mind. Now I don't know why you would care what I think about all this stuff but I figure if you're reading this in the first place you must kind of care so I'm going to add my random thoughts to each useless piece of knowledge.




Unknown Tid-Bits:
-I was a cutter for many years.
-I am currently cross-stitching Alivia's (one of my twins) Christmas stocking. I love love love to cross-stitch!!!
-I am multi-racial. I am 1/4 Norwegian 1/4 German and 1/2 Black
-I don't remember the last time I wore my hair any other way than in two braids...hmmmmm...nope can't remember
-I only get to go to the mall maybe 3 or 4 times a year, if I'm lucky
-There are 3 scents that instantly take me back to my childhood...Nexxus Humectress Conditioner, Alberto V05 Conditioning Hairdressing, and Brut Men's Aftershave.


Useless Knowledge:
-A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
          So the next time someone tells you that they will be there in a 'jiffy' you can say "No you won't" :)
-All porcupines float in water.
           I can't even float in water so this is pretty impressive to me
-The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.
           This would be handy to know if you knew anyone in Antarctica or if there were phone in Antarctica
-The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
           This doesn't make me feel any better about going to the dentist.
-The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
            LOL I just find this really funny. It makes sense that it would be, but that doesn't beg the question WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment